Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I'm caving...sorta

I've decided to amend my original plan to watch the 1001 movies in chronological order. I'm already losing steam and I need to get my momentum back. I'm not always in the mood to watch a long silent movie, you know what I mean? From now on I'm not going to focus so much on chronology and just try to check movies off the list. I might do them thematically and spend a whole month watching dystopian sci fi, or go by director or country.

I've been in the mood to watch Blade Runner recently, so now I can. The new plan (to get through the list as fast as I can) starts.....now.

3 comments:

  1. Come over to my house to watch Blade Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good...amendation? No. ...amending? No. ...amendalicious? NO. ...change of plan. Yes.

    It's a big enough goal to try to see all of these films. Adding in yet another constraint to try to see them in order would be overkill for me. The list contains entries that are sequels to other entries. Seeing them back to back rather than months or even years apart increases the impact of them (i.e. The Decline of the American Empire and The Barbarian Invasions).

    I definitely pop around the list and sometimes check several times before I find something that I am in the mood to see.

    And caving is fine, as long as it's not the "caving" done in the 2005 film The Descent - an above average horror film (and this is coming from a person who doesn't tend to like horror) that had people debating whether it was pro-woman or anti-woman.

    ReplyDelete