Wednesday, June 5, 2013

23-25. Star Wars Episodes IV, V, and VI


I watched the three original Star Wars movies back to back to back on May 4th this year, since it is Star Wars Day and all.

I watched these movies frequently as a kid, but had not seen them for the last few years up until now. So it felt like I was watching something I used to like to see if I still like it as an adult.

The verdict: Yep. Still a magical movie experience. My favorite has always been The Empire Strikes Back, but this recent viewing gave me a stronger appreciation for A New Hope. I always like the exposition part of a story, and I love how the characters are introduced in Episode IV.

I did get kind of restless part way through the marathon though, so I think I will wait a few years before attempting it again.

I'll always connect Star Wars with my dad, whose story of seeing it on the big screen is my strongest and earliest memory of movies as a transformative experience. Also, "I thought they smelled bad on the outside" is one of his favorite quotes.

1 comment: